What is "Computer Science"?
Computer Science focuses on the design and development of the computer system “platform” (the basic computer system including the hardware and operating system). A four-year degree in Computer Science can lead to career positions such as Systems-level Programmer, Software Engineer (for a specialized software development company), or Network Engineer.
PAC Programs & Degrees
- Computer Programmer A.A.S.
- Computer Support Specialist, A.A.S.
- Information Security and Assurance, A.A.S
- Network Administrator, A.A.S.
- Associate of Science, concentration in Computer Information Systems
- Associate of Science, concentration in Computer Science
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Level I Certificate
- Computer Programming Basics Level I Certificate
- Computer Programming Intermediate Level I Certificate
- Computer Support Specialist Level I Certificate
- Computer Systems Forensics Level I Certificate
- Information Security and Assurance Level I Certificate
- Personal Computer Skills Level I Certificate
Welcome to the Computer Science library guide for Palo Alto College. This guide will help you find books and other materials in the library, magazine and journal articles, and useful information on the web. The "Background Information" tab contains links to online dictionaries and news sources. Under "Resources" you'll find books, online journals, and links to professional organizations. And "Fun Stuff" shows the lighter side of computer science.