This module will teach you to document your work using the APA style.
The Publication Manual of the American Pyschological Association can be located on the shelf in the Palo Alto College Library at BF76.7.P83 2010
Learning Outcomes Expected
The student will:
- Know why citing sources in consistent format is important (not just to prevent plagiarism)
- Know that it is important to create citations and note page numbers while doing research and a very quick explanation of using notecards (paper and electronic) is given
- What to cite
- How to set up paper in APA format
- Be familiar with online tools to create citations and sources (OWL and APA book) to double check. Emphasis is placed on the fact that some citation tools (i.e. Word and some databases) may not use the latest rules and include mistakes and so it is imperative to double check.
- Know the academic areas that uses APA citation format
- Understand the components of an APA format citation
- Be able to create an APA citation for a
- Journal article
- Article retrieved from a database
- Newspaper article
- Media item
- Understand the parenthetical reference
- Create a parenthetical reference
View the PowerPoint and OWL document
Step 2 continued
View the video.
Click below to complete the quiz for this module.